School Hours, Drop-Off & Pickup
School day hours: 7:55 a.m. – 2:20 p.m.
General Transportation Information:
Please allow 10 minutes before and after your scheduled bus pick up time during the first few days of school to allow for bus routes to become complete. Any questions about bus times need to be directed to P-H-M Department of Transportation at (574) 258-9565.
Car Rider Drop-Off & Pickup Procedures:
- The first bell rings at 7:40 a.m. and the school day officially starts at 7:55 am. Students who are eating breakfast will be allowed to enter the building at 7:35 a.m.
- Car riders may enter the building beginning at 7:40 a.m. as well. Parents make sure students exit the right hand side of your car directly onto the sidewalk! Please do not drop your child off before 7:40 and leave him or her without adult supervision.
- The back doors lock automatically at 7:55 a.m. Please bring your student around to the front entrance, park in the Visitor’s Lot and walk your child in to sign them in at the office if you arrive after 7:55 a.m.
- Car riders are dismissed starting at 2:15 p.m. and will check out in the IMC with an adult. Bus riders are dismissed at 2:20 p.m.
- Parents of car riders should turn into the back parking lot off of Penn Road, and then form a line stopping at the entrance to the back driveway.
- From the intersection of Bittersweet and McKinley, go east on McKinley. Turn south onto Nursery Road and then west onto Penn Road. Penn Road leads directly into the back driveway.
- Any child that is not picked up by 2:30 p.m. and is still waiting for a parent will be escorted back to the office. Late arriving parents must come into the office to pick up their child. Please be considerate of our office staff and pick your child up on time.
- Parents who are unable to pick up their students on time will need to enroll their child(ren) in Kids Club or make other arrangements.
- If you need to pick your child up BEFORE the end of the regular school day, please come into the office and we will call your child to the Office to meet you. It will be necessary to sign out your child.
- If your child wishes to ride a different bus to go home with a friend on an occasional basis, both your child and your child’s friend need to have notes from parents indicating this arrangement. Students should bring the notes to the office as soon as they arrive at school for approval. The notes will be given to bus drivers by the Office.
- If there is ever a change in the normal routine your child follows in his/her dismissal routine, please notify your child’s teacher and the Front Office with a as soon as possible.
- In the event of an emergency, parents may call the Office to change dismissal for their child(ren). The Office is very hectic at the end of the school day and we do not want to miss giving a message to any student’s teacher, therefore please call before 1:45 p.m.
- If your child is unsure about what to do at the end of any school day and we have not received a parent note directing a change, we will follow his/her normal routine as indicated by the parent on the “Transportation Home From School” form that was included in the “Welcome Back” packet.